This article contains instructions for connecting your wearable device to Wi-Fi.
1. Generate a QR code for the Wi-Fi network. You can use our QR-code generator at wifi.pristine.io.
- Fill in the network name, network type, and password.
- NOTE: If the network type is 802.1x, you will have to fill in the additional fields. After the fields are filled in, click the QR button to generate a QR code.
2. Power on your smart glasses.
3. Option 1: Voice Activation - start at the home screen with the clock and say: "ok glass... add Wi-Fi network". Then, scan the QR code generated in the previous step by aiming the device’s camera toward the QR code.
Option 2: Touch Activation - start at the home screen with the clock and tap once. Then scroll until you see the "Add wifi network option." Then, scan the QR code generated in the previous step by aiming the device’s camera toward the QR code.
4. If you see "Error", double-check the network SSID and credentials. Please note that the network name must be entered exactly, including capitalized letters, spaces, and any special characters.
To remove a Wi-Fi network from a Google Glass device...
To force you Glass device to forget a Wi-Fi network, you must first connect to the network you wish to remove from your Glass and then access the settings menu. If you are unsure how to access the settings menu in Glass, see this article.
3. Tap the Glass trackpad. Then, swipe forward to the "Forget" option. Tap to forget the network. Swipe down to exit the settings menu.