1. If you are attempting to make a call and getting a network error, use Chrome Developer tools (an option inside the Chrome web browser) to find more details about what is happening
- Open a new Chrome tab and open up Chrome Dev Tools
- Ctrl+Shift+J on Windows
- ⌘+⌥ (Option)+J on OS X
- Select the network tool
- Click on the WS filter
- Visit eyesight.io in your newly opened tab and log in
- Click on the ws?token= entry
- Click on the frames tab
2. Use the ICE candidate anatomy chart below to identify the candidate types
- If there are no candidates or only a host candidate, firewall settings are blocking EyeSight traffic. work with your IT administrator to make the port traffic adjustments outlined in the EyeSight troubleshooting guide PDF document.
- The type of traffic, the specific addresses or the ports may be blocked
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have a copy of the full EyeSight troubleshooting pdf.
If your issue is still not resolved, please click the "Request Help" link in the upper right of the page or send a detailed description of the issue to email@example.com