This article contains instructions for using the Web Based Video Recording feature from the EyeSight Web application.
Prior to logging in, the domain's admin will need to enable the feature within the domain tab of the Admin application.
Once enabled, you can follow the steps to record shown below:
- Login via the web link (https://eyesight.io/app) using your existing user credentials.
- Start a call and click on the Menu link at the bottom of the screen to bring up the Record Video button.
- Click Record Video to start recording. A notification at the top of the screen will alert you that recording has started.
- A timer will also appear on the top right of the screen to showing the duration of the recording.
- To stop the recording, click the menu button again and select Stop Video. A notification at the top of the screen will alert you that recording has stopped and the local download has begun.
Things to keep in mind about the Web Based Video Recording feature:
- Recording will only capture the remote feed (e.g. if you are on the Web app calling a wearable device, the recording will only include the streaming video and audio being sent from the wearable).
- Snapshots and their annotations are not captured in the recording. You may notice some distortion in the downloaded video file for points in the call where you are using snapshots.
- On Windows, you will need to download a video application like VLC in order to read the output file format (.webm).
- Recording duration per file is currently limited to 10 minutes. Every 10 minutes, the call recording will automatically download locally and a new file will begin recording.
- Your domain admin can confirm the availability of call recording for your team.